The following was sent to all members of the Ebby Halliday Companies by President & CEO Mary Frances Burleson.
Indicators point toward a much stronger real estate market for DFW and N. Texas in 2012:
“Foreclosure filings were down 26 percent in January in the Dallas Fort Worth area from the first month of 2011. It’s the biggest year-over-year decline in more than two years.”
– George Roddy, CEO of Addison-based Foreclosure Listing Service
“New home starts may increase 15% from last year.”
– Dallas Morning News, February 9, 2012
“North Texas’ population growth led the nation with more than 146,000 new residents in N. Texas area from 2008 to 2009 (latest figures available).”
– North Texas Commission
“Nationwide housing affordability during the third quarter of 2011 hovered near its highest level in more than 20 years.”
– National Association of Homebuilders
“Mortgage interest rates are at an historic low – the lowest since World War II.”
– Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac).
“Housing sector (is) now, potentially, a source of growth”.
– Harvey Rosenblum, Executive Vice President & Director of Research, Dallas Federal Reserve
“Homes put under contract for sale in January 2012 (contract pending) were up more than 19% over January 2011.”
– The Ebby Halliday Companies
You may also like: