So you’ve had your eye on a KitchenAid® stand mixer for a while now, and finally decided it’s time to make the investment. With so many colorful options available, and the notable longevity of the piece, deciding on just one can be difficult. Let this be your guide.
The iconic KitchenAid® stand mixer graces the kitchen countertops of both professional and amateur chefs alike. While it seems like a no-brainer addition to a baker’s countertop, it still deserves its place in a busy family kitchen.
Whether you’re practicing grandma’s cookie recipe or whipping up large batches of cupcakes for school birthdays, a sturdy stand mixer is a great investment piece to have for any mixing needs life may throw at you. And they’re one of those kitchen items that, if treated properly, can last a lifetime.
One of these mixers will generally set you back anywhere between $299 to $599 depending on size, but they have grown to be incredibly versatile. Attachments sold separately can transform your mixer into a juicer, pasta maker, sausage stuffer, spiralizer, and more.
When choosing KitchenAid®, you want to put some thought into the color. Here are a few things you may want to keep in mind:
• If you are buying an entire set of appliances (i.e. blender, food processor, etc.), consider picking a neutral color. If one item breaks, it can be easily replaced if it’s in a neutral color. If it’s a limited-release color, you may not be able to find the exact appliance again.
• Will you get tired of a bright color? Will you be bored with a neutral color?
• As a general rule, scratches and dents are more apparent on darker appliances.
• If you don’t plan on redoing your kitchen any time soon, you can pick the one that matches the current décor perfectly.
• If you plan on replacing your stand mixer frequently, by all means go for that baby pink that’s really in right now.
• The term neutral has many meanings. Matte black, slate and dark brown are all neutral colors, but a little more exciting than say, black or stainless-steel.
The KitchenAid® stand mixer comes in a few different sizes, so you can be sure to find one that best suits your kitchen size and culinary needs.
Artisan® Mini 3.5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer – $399.99
This mini model is 20 percent smaller and 25 percent lighter than the full-sized mixers, but still offers all the strength and speed of the others. Don’t let the small size fool you – this model can make up to 5 dozen cookies in one batch!
Artisan® Series 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer – $459.99
Dubbed by many as the classic stand mixer, this model can mix, knead, and whip ingredients with ease. This version has 10 speeds and can make up to 9 dozen cookies in one batch.
Artisan® Design Series 5 Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer – $379.99
The Artisan® Design mixer is virtually identical to the classic stand mixer, but comes with a glass bowl with a pour spout instead of a stainless-steel bowl.
Pro 600 Series 6 Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer – $599.99
If you plan to mix heavy, dense mixtures, this is the model for you. This model is a little over 2 inches taller and 3 inches wider than the 5-quart models, but can make up to 13 dozen cookies in a single batch.
Pro 600 Design Series 6 Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer – $629.99
The mixer is identical to the Pro Design mixer, but is equipped with a glass bowl with a pour spout instead of a stainless-steel bowl.
You may also like: