The holiday season is upon us.
With all the parties and family events taking place this time of year, many people decide to take their homes off the market or delay listing their home for sale. But this holiday season may actually be the ideal time to sell your home. Why?
* The average home sales price in North Texas is up 4.3 percent over this time last year.
* Mortgage interest rates are at historic lows.
* Consumers who shop for a home during the holidays are serious, motivated buyers.
* There are fewer homes on the market during the holiday season. With less competition, your home may sell faster and at a higher price.
* Homes “show” better when decorated for the holidays.
* January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since many transferees are not able to wait until spring to buy, your home should be on the market now to not miss out on this significant group of buyers.
* By selling now, you’ll have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses will be for sale, which may mean lower prices. This could allow you to sell high and buy low.
If you’re considering listing your home this holiday season, contact an Ebby Associate today to learn more about the real estate market in your neighborhood. To find the right agent for your residential real estate needs, visit the award-winning, mobile-friendly ebby.com.
You may also like: