A cheese board is a never-fail addition to any holiday gathering, whether it’s a small friendly get-together, or a large family celebration. With that in mind, we visited our friends at Scardello Artistan Cheese in Oak Lawn to learn how to create the perfect one. Watch the video below to see how you can ace your next cheese board.
Ace Your Cheese Board
• Include a combination of three firmnesses of cheese – soft, medium-firm and hard.
• Feature different animal milks (i.e. cow, goat, sheep).
• Add a twist by featuring different regions of the world.
• Include a variety of accompaniments like cornichons, dried fruits, nuts, olives or charcuterie.
• When displaying a cheese board, set out a knife for each cheese on the platter. This way, the flavors won’t be compromised.
• Set cheese out for at least 30 minutes to reach room temperature.
• Before any guests arrive, cut a few slices of cheese and arrange them on the board. Present each cheese with its own knife and allow your guests to continue to cut slices for themselves. These measures will prevent the cheese from drying out and allow the full flavors to emerge.
Still unsure of where to start? Don’t be afraid to venture into Scardello and ask for help. The knowledgable staff will work with you to create the perfect cheese board for your palate or gathering.
Happy cheese hunting!
You may also like: