Whether you are buying a condo in Dallas, a single-family home in Plano or a ranch in Athens, the following list will give you an idea of the process you will be taking when making your purchase.
1. Get pre-qualified
Meet with one of our recommended loan officers; by sharing income and other financial information, you will know the price range of mortgages you are qualified for.
Obtain a pre-approval letter.
Obtain a "Truth in Lending" letter explaining the costs of borrowing money.
Learn about the many loans available to buyers in today's market.
Learn about closing costs.
2. Explore our rich community content and easy to use search facilities on this site
Explore the many counties we sell real estate in, and the neighborhoods within them. We update these pages regularly to bring you the latest in resources and information.
Use our property search to find real estate by selecting from a multitude of filters and attributes for your new home.
Sign up for property email alerts to be the first to know as new properties hit the market.
3. Begin viewing homes with one of our experienced Ebby agents
- Once you are ready to view homes, it is time to select a real estate expert.
- When possible, we recommend all decision-makers should visit the various homes.
- Always be candid with your agent, it will help them understand your particular needs and desires and enable them to select homes you'll want to see.
4. Prepare the offer
- Your Ebby agent will provide you with a comparative market analysis on your choice of real estate and area (e.g. single-family homes in Dallas), in order to assist you in making an informed decision.
- Your Ebby agent will go through the contract with you and help complete your offer.
- Negotiations will proceed until both buyer and seller agree on all terms and sign all documents. Documents will be sent to the title company where a file will be opened, and title commitment and property tax information ordered.
5. Make your loan application
- Give your loan officer a copy of the contract and apply for the loan.
6. Inspect the property
- Select an inspector and arrange for both a general inspection and wood-destroying insect inspection.
- Ebby agents have great knowledge of environmental assessments, and will provide you with further information relevant to your home.
7. Appraisal and survey of property
- The lender and title company will make arrangements for the property appraisal and survey.
- You will be provided with a copy of the Title Commitment Letter.
- You will need to make arrangements for homeowner's (hazard) insurance, and for your insurance agent to talk with the closing officer at the title company.
8. Seller's closing is also arranged
- You will receive a copy of the closing statement for review prior to closing.
- You will do a final walk-through inspection of the property.
- Your Ebby agent will arrange a closing date and time with the title company. The seller's closing will also be arranged.
- You will need to bring a cashier’s check for all closing costs and the balance of the down payment.
9. After the closing
- Documents are sent to your loan company for approval and funds are disbursed.
- The title company receives and funds all money from the loan company. Payment of any accrued expenses in connection with the closing are due including taxes, attorney's fees, professional real estate fees and title company fees.
- Legal documents will be recorded in the office of the county clerk and mailed to you.
- The title company prepares and issues the title policy, and will then send it to you and the loan company.
While this process may seem extensive, our agents are real estate experts and specialize in local communities. They will save you a substantial amount of time, effort and money by:
- Organizing and accompanying you to view homes which meet your criteria.
- Having information on various neighborhoods to help you determine the right area for work, place of worship, family activities, and more.
- Providing sales information on the neighborhood of your choice, so you may make an informed decision.
- Showing you MLS properties, so you don't have to call multiple offices for information or appointments.
- Working with all builders throughout North Texas.
- Negotiating your offer to YOUR best advantage.
What you may expect from your Ebby Halliday agent:
- Learn and define your needs, desires and goals as a buyer, and help determine your most important considerations in selecting a home.
- Give you information about agency choices and services available to you.
- Organize the home buying process, guide you through it and save you time.
- Search for the right home, always accompany you to property showings and represent your interests.
- Explore all financing possibilities with you and provide you with a list of lenders.
- Provide you with a comparative market analysis to make an informed purchase decision.
- Disclose all known information about properties and areas which interest you.
- Assist in preparing offers, strategize your offer to the seller, and negotiate on your behalf.
- Ensure confidentiality of your personal client information.
- Monitor the closing process step-by-step, and make sure you're always informed.
- Provide lists of inspectors to review the condition of the property.
- Act as your advocate in the most professional manner possible.
- Treat all parties fairly and honestly.