It’s easy to get lured into design fads and find yourself soon tired of looking at the same trendy pieces around your home. Decorating your home can be an expensive venture, but redecorating it can be even more challenging. In an effort to keep costs down and have a home that you love for many years to come, we’ve put together a list of ways to decorate that will always be on-trend. Take a look below.
1. Wood Floors: There’s a reason it’s the most popular choice for flooring- it’s durable, beautiful, warm, and will always be a classic.
2. Art You Love: Some say that you should never buy a piece of art unless you feel you can’t live without it. While this doesn’t apply to art that is priced on the lower-end, it does hold true for investment pieces. Find something you just can’t imagine your home without and you’ll find happiness every time you see it.
3. Books: Weather their leather-bound or weathered favorites, books will always display well and add an air of sophistication to any space.
4. White Paint: Is there anything like a simple, sleek coat of white paint? No matter how your other decor changes, a white wall is always the perfect backdrop.
5. Multi-Functional Pieces: Just about any item that can preform double duty will stay with you for a long time. For example, instead of buying an entertainment unit, think about investing in a piece that could be useful somewhere else in the house. The size and style of TVs, computers, sound systems, etc. will always change, so don’t pigeon hole yourself when buying furniture to accommodate technology.
6. Crown Molding: Crown molding is the classic finishing touch to any room. It’s stylish and dresses up your walls in an understated way. Once you’ve got it, it’s hard to imagine a room without it.
7. Interchangeable small items: Think seasonal throw pillows, vases, and little items of interest that can be exchanged with one another, breathing fresh life into your rooms throughout the year.