Hang in there North Texas. With another blast of winter weather arriving this evening — bringing freezing rain, sleet, snow, and all that goes with it — it’s hard to imagine that spring is just days away. But it really is: By the middle of next week we’ll be enjoying temperatures in the 70s.
And, you can bet that with the much-improved weather potential buyers will be out and about discovering homes for sale across North Texas. Not surprisingly, those with the best “curb appeal” are often the first to sell.
Buyers tend to pass quick judgment on a property based on first impressions. A small investment in time and money to spruce up your property’s appearance could well mean fewer days on the market and a higher sales price.
Below are a few areas in particular to focus on – granted, you’ll have to wait a couple of days to get started!
* For a burst of color, plant spring flowers.
* Tidy up your gardens.
* Remove glass from light fixtures around your home’s front door and clean thoroughly.
* Wash down your front door. If the sun has faded the paint, consider repainting.
* Clean and polish your front door’s hardware. Replace it if necessary.
* Check your house numbers. Are they still in good shape and visible from the street? If not, replace them.
* Wash the windows. If this isn’t your strong suit, hire a professional.
* Check your roof to make sure no shingles are missing or are damaged.
* Remove debris from your gutters and drain spouts.
* Clean your patio furniture. You want potential buyers to be able to visualize your outdoor living area’s potential.
If you’re considering listing your home, contact an Ebby Associate to learn more about how to prepare it to sell in today’s fast-paced market and how Ebby Halliday Realtors will market your home, both locally and globally, to produce the most-favorable results for you. To get started, visit the award-winning ebby.com.