After spring cleaning is done, many people get the itch to change things up. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing and the time is right to implement a fresh, new look in your home. There are a lot of ways to go about this, but we have found that the simplest changes can make the biggest impact without costing a fortune. Here are our favorite ideas for breathing new life into your home this season.
1. Pillows: Decorative pillows on couches, chairs, or beds add pops of color, texture, and layered interest. Try purchasing pillows that allow you to change their covers throughout the year. (Featured property: 4005 Rosa Road, Dallas)
2. Accessories: If you’re someone who likes decorative details, change them out. Spray paint some ordinary bookends for a pop of color, pick up some fun new coasters, or switch up the books you have on display. Simply exchanging items between rooms can have a big impact visually. (Featured property: 2615 Brookside Court, McKinney)
3. Art and photos: Switch out old photos, paint or buy new pictures frames, rearrange art from one room to the other- all of this will enliven your home. (Featured property: 10106 Caribou Trail, Dallas)
4. Plants: Bring new plants into the house and change up the ones outside. A small pot of basil in the kitchen or new planters on the front porch add color and interest. (Featured Property: 4708 Crooked Lane, Dallas)
5. Outdoor: Freshen up your front door mat, address numbers, patio cushions, or add a floral wreath to the front door. All of these will brighten your curb appeal and make coming home feel like a new experience. (Featured property: 211 Rio Grande Drive, Irving)
6. Paint: If you want to stick to a budget, keep it simple. Paint the front door a bright color, put some chalkboard paint on a small section of one wall, spray paint a lamp or a few bar stools. Paint is a moderately cheap way to update that can be changed with your mood. (Featured property: 4161 Shady Valley Drive, Arlington)