Houzz recently released a 2014 Winter Bathroom Trends Study that found the top bathroom remodeling preferences of more than 7,500 homeowners in the U.S. and Canada. It revealed 7 major trends that we think you need be in the loop on. If you’re planning on remodeling soon, or if you just love to look at beautiful bathrooms, this Of The Day post should help!
1. Bye Bye, Bathtub: 43% of respondents are leaving a tub out of the master bathroom
2. Go Frameless: Frameless glass is the clear choice for shower surrounds, glass block is out
3. Feel The Rain: Young homeowners prefer rain showers, multiple shower heads, and all ages are into hand showers.
4. Lighten Up: Adding skylights and new windows for natural light in bathrooms is key
5. White Hot: White cabinets are the finish of choice, followed by medium wood and then dark wood.
6. Double Up: Two sinks are better than one.
7. Silver’s For The Win: Silver finishes on faucets remain popular, with brushed nickel topping the list