Homes selling for asking price, multiple offers on the same property, “hip-pocket” listings shared only by word of mouth, it’s no secret that the North Texas housing market is booming.
To help you navigate these unprecedented homebuying and selling waters, we polled Ebby Associates and collected their top tips for today’s buyers and sellers.
* Be qualified. Pre-plan financing by meeting with a mortgage lender ahead of time and receive a pre-approval letter that may be submitted when you make a written offer. “Less paperwork and more personal attention” is more than a saying at Home Team Mortgage Company, an Ebby affiliate company where you’ll enjoy a frustration-free experience from loan application to decision.
* Act quickly. In a hot market, acting slowly or “sleeping on it” may cost you the opportunity to buy the home of your dreams. If you’ve found a home you’d be thrilled with, don’t wait to submit an offer.
* Offer a compelling price. Sellers often price their homes based on historical sold data or appraisals, and in a strong market such as ours where prices are rising, homes may sell for the listing price or higher. Study the sold comps, but also compare the house you want to other homes on the market, and ask yourself, “What price am I willing to pay, and at what price am I willing to lose this house?”
* Market near and far. You have the best chance of selling your home for the highest price by exposing it to the largest number of potential buyers. When you list your home with Ebby Halliday, it will enjoy extraordinary exposure on ebby.com, the gold standard in residential real estate websites.
* Respond and keep momentum. There is an old adage that time kills deals. A buyer’s interest is at a peak at the time he or she submits an offer, so keep the momentum going, choose the best offer, and respond promptly in writing.
* Don’t be greedy. If a buyer offers an acceptable price and terms, sign the offer and your Ebby Associate will schedule a closing appointment and expertly guide you through the home-inspection and closing process.
Whether you’re considering listing your home or buying a home in North Texas, it’s always a good idea to visit the website voted one of the industry’s best by the Web Marketing Association, ebby.com. To download the Ebby Halliday Realtors App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, search for Ebby Halliday Realtors.