Happy Friday all! This week’s Fresh Listing Friday is a custom-built log home situated on over 2 acres in Bowie, about an hour northwest of Denton. 2789 Hanging Tree Road offers a covered wrap-around porch, beautiful lake-front views, and an abundance of trees. Take a virtual tour below to see the warm details and open space!
• Priced at $388,500
• 3,218 square feet: 4 bedrooms, 2.1 baths
• Garage with an oil-change pit, greenhouse, and well house with attached kennel for pets
• Kitchen with granite countertops, custom cabinetry, a breakfast bar, and a pot-filler
Front Exterior Front Entryway Kitchen Casual Dining Area Study Formal Living Area Master Suite Casual Living Area Lake View Rear Exterior
To view this listing, contact Sue Cogdell at 940-390-3264 or SueCogdell@Ebby.com.
Valentine’s Day may land on a Tuesday this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get away to celebrate at a later date. Here are some of the best weekend getaway destinations that are perfect for a quick trip with your special someone.
1. Broken Bow
This Oklahoma city may be known for its booming timber industry, but the tourism is growing too. Broken Bow is home to Beavers Bend Resort Park, Hochatown State Park, and two museums that house Native American artifacts.
2. Fredericksburg The charming town of Fredericksburg is a romantic destination in the Texas Hill Country with tons of German colonial heritage and culture. You can find Bavarian-themed restaurants, beer gardens, and beautiful natural parks. The city is also the epicenter of over 20 local vineyards and wineries, offering the opportunity to taste and tour until your heart is content.
3. Glen Rose Just a short drive southwest of Fort Worth, the city of Glen Rose offers outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking, and mountain biking. Visit Dinosaur Valley State Park and explore tracks of animals from thousands of years ago, or take a trip to the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center and take a tour to see threatened and endangered species.
4. Magnolia Market Situated in Waco, about halfway between Dallas and Austin, the Magnolia Market is one of those destinations that is relatively newer to the getaway scene. Created by the couple behind HGTV’s Fixer Upper, the Magnolia Market is 2.5 acres of warm and welcoming stores and restaurants amidst huge grain silos and a barn.
5. Marfa This quaint town in the middle of West Texas is a hub for arts and culture enthusiasts. Check out sights like the famous Prada Marfa, the Marfa Book Company, or a variety of other museums and galleries. Stay at the bohemian-style El Cosmico campground and enjoy the communal atmosphere, wide-open spaces, and scenic views.
6. Possum Kingdom Lake Situated less than 90 miles west of Fort Worth, Possum Kingdom Lake offers over 18,000 acres of water, cliffs, and rolling hills. Camp or rent a cabin to enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, boating, and fishing.
7. Round Top If you’re a fan of antiquing, this is the destination for you. Located southeast of Austin, Round Top is a small city (one of the smallest incorporated in Texas) that hosts some of the largest and most celebrated antique sales in the country. Stay at a shabby chic cottage inn or bed-and-breakfast and head out to explore the city and maybe find a treasure or two.
8. San Antonio River Walk This quintessential romantic Texas getaway is the perfect destination for a wide variety of entertainment options. Not only can you explore the historic San Antonio Missions and the Alamo, but you can also enjoy romantic restaurants, a zoo, and botanical garden.
9. Waxahachie Anyone interested in architecture should put Waxahachie on his or her “must-see” list. Situated south of Dallas, the town features one of the most beautiful Texas courthouses as well as a many examples of Victorian architecture and gingerbread homes. You can also find plentiful state parks and wildlife in the surrounding area. 10. Wimberley Situated on the banks of Cypress Creek and the Blanco River, Wimberley is a beautiful city surrounded by the Texas Hill Country. You can find a variety of outdoor activities as well as art galleries, shopping, and additional activities such as glass-blowing demonstrations at Wimberley Glass Works and herb classes at the Rough Creek Lavender Farm.