Party invitations are filling calendars with the winter holidays in full swing, and gifts are in order for that hostess (or host) with the most. Draw inspiration from this smart selection of thoughtful gifts to express gratitude and cheer.
Whether prepping food or presenting it, this Marble Monogram Board is both versatile and stylish. The monogram adds a sweet personal touch, making it a charming and distinctive gift. Talk about serving up style.
Help your favorite host take coffee service to the next level with this stunning 18-karat Rose Gold Espresso Set. The sophisticated six-piece set stores in a contemporary egg-shaped case that looks lovely adorning any tabletop or coffee cart. Scooping and stirring never looked so good!
Sweeten any gathering with this Signature Candle in Champagne. A fragrant, soy-based candle is the perfect gift for any hostess ready to transform a space for guests or unwind after the party in a warm bath. Cheers either way!
Speaking of sweet, who wouldn’t love an assortment of gourmet treats? Sure to delight any hostess, this Rosé All Day Candy Bento Box is the best way to sample three of Sugarfina’s most popular candies with plenty to share — or just enough to enjoy alone.
The colder weather makes us crave a warm, delicious mug of hot chocolate. And what better place to find the perfect chocolate beverage than Dude, Sweet Chocolate? We headed over to the original location in Dallas’ Bishop Arts District to spend the day with Chef Katherine Clapner, the visionary, co-founder and co-owner of the concept to get a behind-the-scenes look at what makes their drinking chocolate so rich, balanced and well … chocolatey.
Stop into the Dude, Sweet Chocolate location nearest you to taste a mug for yourself, and while you’re at it, pick up some gifts for family and friends. Watch the video below to get a closer look at this uniquely North Texas chocolate store, and see what makes a trip to Dude, Sweet Chocolate a quintessential holiday activity.
A cheese board is a never-fail addition to any holiday gathering, whether it’s a small friendly get-together, or a large family celebration. With that in mind, we visited our friends at Scardello Artistan Cheese in Oak Lawn to learn how to create the perfect one. Watch the video below to see how you can ace your next cheese board.
Ace Your Cheese Board
• Include a combination of three firmnesses of cheese – soft, medium-firm and hard.
• Feature different animal milks (i.e. cow, goat, sheep).
• Add a twist by featuring different regions of the world.
• Include a variety of accompaniments like cornichons, dried fruits, nuts, olives or charcuterie.
• When displaying a cheese board, set out a knife for each cheese on the platter. This way, the flavors won’t be compromised.
• Set cheese out for at least 30 minutes to reach room temperature.
• Before any guests arrive, cut a few slices of cheese and arrange them on the board. Present each cheese with its own knife and allow your guests to continue to cut slices for themselves. These measures will prevent the cheese from drying out and allow the full flavors to emerge.
Still unsure of where to start? Don’t be afraid to venture into Scardello and ask for help. The knowledgable staff will work with you to create the perfect cheese board for your palate or gathering.