If you’re trying to figure out what buyers are in the market for when it comes to a new home, look no further than the list recently published by Builder Online. Nick Lehnert, executive director at an architecture and planning firm, and Mollie Carmichael, principal at a real estate consulting company, have drawn up a list of design trends that are at the top of this year’s buyers’ wish list.
Here are some of the top trends they’ve discovered for buyers in the new-home market:
1. Outdoor Space: Buyers are looking for private, low maintenance, outdoor space that has a high level of connectivity to the inside of the home. Likewise, because of this connectivity, many desire covered and protected spaces that flow seamlessly from the rooms inside.
2. Super Kitchens: We always say the kitchen is the heart of the home, but this trend has now taken on a life of its own. Buyers expect the kitchen to be a center for entertaining and easy conversation that is open to the other rooms around it. Large islands with seating and pantries that hide clutter both play major roles in combining function, practicality, and style.
3. Media Centric: More spacious media areas where buyers can make use of large screen TV’s or projectors are on the rise. In addition to more wall space, larger media rooms mean more seating and entertaining.
4. Home Office: We’ve reached the age of the return of the home office. However, proximity to the main living area and kitchen have become more important than the previously desired location near the front of the home.
5. Magnificent Master Baths: A soaker tub, a glass shower, and luxurious finishes continue to rank high on the list of buyers.
6. Making an Entrance: Two-story entries and grand staircases with drama are the most ideal way to greet guests.
Read more about these home trends here.
Pictures properties: 1. 4247 Ridge Road, Dallas 2. 6831 Pemberton Drive, Dallas 3. 3808 Greenbrier Drive, Frisco 4. 6933 Vista Willow, Dallas 5. 12105 Elysian Court, Dallas 6. 17623 Cedar Creek Canyon Drive, Dallas
Photos via Ebby.com & Shoot2Sell