Curious how the North Texas housing market performed last month? Take a look at the stats that sum up the month of October.
Curious how the North Texas housing market performed last month? Take a look at the stats that sum up the month of September.
Ebby Halliday Companies’ Associates closed more than $900 million worth of Dallas-Fort Worth and North Texas residential real estate during the month of June, setting an all-time monthly sales record for the company. The Ebby Halliday Companies includes Dallas-based Ebby Halliday Realtors and Dave Perry-Miller Real Estate and Fort Worth-based Williams Trew Real Estate.
Earlier today, President and CEO Mary Frances Burleson, addressed the company’s sales associates via her weekly e-mail communication, “Your professionalism and performance is outstanding. In true Ebby fashion, you clearly provide unsurpassed service to your clients, to your communities and to the real estate industry.
“We are honored to recognize your performance and your contribution to our collective success, Burleson added. “It’s our shared success that perfectly positions the Ebby Halliday Companies and its Associates for continued distinction and growth far into the future.
“I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for your individual achievement and for your invaluable contribution to the Ebby Halliday family of companies.
“Many, many thanks to you all! You are truly the best!”
And many thanks to you Mary Frances. We couldn’t have said it any better!
Homes selling above asking price, numerous offers for the same property, hip-pocket listings shared only by word of mouth – it’s no secret that the North Texas housing market is booming.
To help you navigate these unprecedented home-buying and selling waters, we polled Ebby Halliday Associates and collected their top tips for today’s buyers and sellers.
* Be qualified. Pre-plan financing by meeting with a mortgage lender ahead of time and receive a pre-approval letter that may be submitted when you make a written offer. “Less paperwork and more personal attention” is more than a saying at Home Team Mortgage Company, Ebby Halliday’s affiliated mortgage source. Contact Home Team Mortgage Company for a frustration-free experience from loan application to decision.
* Act quickly. In a hot market, acting slowly or sleeping on it may cost you the opportunity to buy the home of your dreams. If you’ve found a home you’d be thrilled with, don’t wait to submit an offer – other buyers will likely be doing the same.
* Offer a compelling price. Sellers often price their homes based on historical sold data or appraisals, and in a strong market where prices are rising rapidly, homes may sell for the listing price or higher. Study the sold comps, but also compare the house you want to other homes on the market, and ask yourself, “What price am I willing to pay, and at what price am I willing to lose this house?”
* Market to everyone near and far. You have the best chance of selling your home for the highest price by exposing it to the largest number of potential buyers. When you list your home with Ebby Halliday, it will enjoy worldwide exposure on ebby.com, the gold standard in residential real estate websites. Ebby.com receives approximately 21,000 visits per day, far outpacing the competition.
* Respond and keep momentum. There is an old adage that time kills deals. A buyer’s interest is at a peak level at the time he or she submits an offer, so keep the momentum going, choose the best offer, and respond promptly in writing.
* Don’t be greedy. If a buyer offers an acceptable price and terms, sign the offer and your Ebby Halliday Associate will schedule a closing appointment and expertly guide you through the home-inspection and closing process.
Have a buying or selling question not addressed in this post? Contact one of Ebby Halliday’s North Texas offices and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.
The Dallas region’s home price gains continue to rank among the hottest in the country, posting an 8.3 percent increase year-over-year in the new Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller 20-market comparison. Dallas trailed only Portland, Seattle and Denver in the latest index of rising home values.
Nationally, the 20 largest metropolitan cities saw home prices rise 5.1 percent from last year. Dallas was one of 14 cities to post year-over-year gains higher than the national average. Portland and Seattle recorded double-digit increases in July from a year earlier — 12.4 percent and 11.2 percent, respectively.
Dallas home prices have been rising between 8 percent and 10 percent annually for more than a year in the Case-Shiller survey. Local prices are at record levels in the widely watched index and are up more than 25 percent from 2007.
To determine the value of your North Texas home in today’s competitive market, connect with an Ebby Halliday Realtor. It’s easy. Get started at the award-winning ebby.com.
The Dallas-area’s home price gains have earned it a place among the fastest-appreciating housing markets in the U.S. at midyear, according to the latest Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller Home Price Index of rising values. Dallas ranked behind only Portland, Seattle and Denver in the just-released report.
Dallas home prices were 8.9 percent higher in June from a year earlier in the monthly report. Nationwide, prices rose 5.1 percent in the same period.
“Home prices continued to rise across the country led by the West and the South,” S&P’s David M. Blitzer said in the report. “Overall, residential real estate and housing is in good shape.”
All 20 of the major U.S. home markets Case-Shiller tracks showed year-over-year gains in June. Portland led the nation with a 12.6 percent gain. Prices were up 11 percent annually in Seattle and 9.2 percent higher in Denver.
The Dallas-area is among U.S. home markets that have seen the strongest recoveries since the Great Recession. Dallas housing values are now almost 44 percent higher than where they were before the economic downturn.
The Dallas-area had the nation’s second-largest jump in home prices in June, according to a new report by CoreLogic. Dallas home prices rose 9.3 percent compared with June 2015 prices.
Only Denver – with a 10.2 percent year-over-year price gain – had a bigger increase among major U.S. cities. Nationwide, prices rose 5.7 percent from a year earlier.
“Mortgage rates dipped in June to their lowest level in more than three years, supporting home purchases,” said Dr. Frank Nothaft, chief economist for CoreLogic. “Local markets with strong economic growth have generally had stronger home-price growth.”
CoreLogic forecasts that nationwide home prices will grow by 5.3 percent during the next three months.
North Texas home prices have risen by more than 40 percent in the last five years, according to Steve Brown, real estate editor at The Dallas Morning News. And home prices in the area are about 50 percent ahead of where they were at the peak of the last housing boom in 2007.
In June, the median price of single-family homes sold by North Texas real estate agents hit an all-time high of $237,500.
To determine the value of your home in today’s competitive North Texas real estate market, contact an Ebby Halliday Realtors Associate today. To get started, visit the award-winning ebby.com.
Individuals and companies who are relocating have access to a lot of information. What they often don’t have is a way to tailor that information to their needs.
That’s where the relocation experts at Ebby Halliday offer an invaluable service. Ebby’s team of specialists — the largest such in-house team in North Texas — connects relocating consumers with a real estate agent who not only specializes in their area of interest, but also is knowledgeable about lifestyle issues affecting their move.
For outgoing clients, Ebby’s relocation experts coordinate with one of the 500 top real estate firms affiliated with Leading Real Estate Companies of the World. As an affiliate of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, Ebby Halliday is part of a network that dominates in more markets across the U.S. than any competitor.
To learn more about Ebby Halliday’s relocation services or to start your home search today, visit the award-winning ebby.com.
Strategic pricing is the key to selling your home at an attractive price in an acceptable amount of time. While many brokers will gladly list your home, the reality is if it is not properly priced your home may sit on the market month after month and actually help sell competing properties.
At Ebby Halliday, our Associates take pricing your property very seriously. Your Ebby Associate will utilize Multiple Listing Service data to create a Competitive Market Analysis that estimates a market-value range for your home based on the recent action of buyers and sellers in your neighborhood. A few of the factors your Ebby Associate will consider when estimating your property’s market value:
* Successfully sold homes – Lists the selling price of recently purchased homes comparable to yours.
* Competitive properties for sale – Since they are not yet sold, the market value is undetermined, but they are important, as buyers most likely will view and compare these properties with yours.
* Pending sales – Though they have not yet closed, homes under contract are a good indicator of value in the current market.
* Failed to sell – The listed price of these homes suggests what potential buyers will not pay.
If you’re curious about what your home is worth in North Texas’ fast-paced housing market, visit the award-winning ebby.com, where you’ll find just the right real estate professional for your needs.