Tax-free weekend is days away, and just in time for back-to-school shopping. Are you ready?
This year’s Sales Tax Holiday will happen Friday, August 9, through midnight Sunday, August 11. But remember, the tax exemption is only available on certain items under $100. Computers and software are not tax-exempt.
Tax-free items include:
• School supplies
• Art supplies
• School instructional materials
• Clothing and footwear less than $100 per item
The best ways to save money on tax-free weekend:
• Planning ahead
• Making a list of items you need
• Looking for the best sales in your area
• Checking for coupons (printable or online)
• Maximizing price match programs where available.
Good luck and happy shopping!