1. Can I work part-time in real estate?
Ebby Halliday, REALTORS® Associates are dedicated career professionals. We believe Buyers and Sellers are best served by REALTORS® committed to maintaining current knowledge and skills. Dallas-Fort Worth real estate jobs are demanding and require full-time attention and commitment.
2. What are my expenses as a REALTOR®?
There are start-up and ongoing expenses that are both fixed (dues, insurance, communication tools, etc.) and variable (marketing, mobile phone, auto expenses, etc.). For a list of typical expenses, please download:
3. How soon will I make an income? How much can I expect to earn?
First year production is extremely unpredictable. On average, it takes four to six months for a new Sales Associate to close their first transaction and receive a commission.
4. How long does it take to get my license?
Real estate classes offered by local real estate schools are varied in format from all-day to nights to weekends. Generally, the process is: two to six weeks education, two weeks for the application process, two-hour exam, and one to three weeks for the license to be received. Your total time invested can be two to three months.
5. What characteristics make a good REALTOR®?
Attitude and personality traits include:
- Willing to work hard
- Good self-image
- Likes to help others
- A servant spirit
- Independent and creative
- Handles frustration well
- Committed to continual education
Professional skills and traits include:
- Self motivated
- Dependable and reliable
- Organized and detailed
- Willing to work long hours
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Professional personal image
- Competitive and goal-oriented
- Good time manager
- Results oriented
- Problem solver
- Committed to a career
- Can prospect and ask for business